TG11 Manufacturing Enterprise Interoperability
Led by Bob Young (Loughborough University) and Gash Bhullar (Control 2K)
The overall aim of TG11 is to advance the understanding of and uptake of solutions for manufacturing enterprise interoperability. Manufacturing businesses of all sizes and shapes continually strive for higher levels of competitiveness and recognise the potential value of ICT to enhance their decision-making processes. Ready access to information and knowledge is critical to the effectiveness of all businesses, but the complexity and the detail of manufacturing knowledge combined with the breadth of its sources brings with it a set of problems that need a clear vision for a route to effective improvement and worthwhile commercial benefit.
Missions & Objectives
- To improve the speed and quality of collaboration
- To provide a better understanding of the exchange of manufacturing information between organisations
- To provide effective enterprise models for interoperable manufacturing application
- Top provide seamless internal and external interoperability at manufacturing control levels
- To improve ICT system “-ilities” and security i.e. usability, maintainability, extensibility, portability, flexibility….
Plans for 2016-2017
- To continue to provide a discussion forum on key issues related to MEI.
- To continue to support activities that have the potential to advance MEI understanding e.g. workshops, vision documents, proposal development, training.
- To explore a new Community Group based on the results of the FLEXINET project.
- Prof. Bob Young, Loughborough University (GB) Chair, R.I.Young@lboro.ac.uk
- Gash Bhullar, Managing Director, Control 2K Limited (GB) Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Keith Popplewell, Coventry University (GB), K.Popplewell@coventry.ac.uk
- Colin Piddington, Principal Consultant, Control 2K Limited (GB), email@example.com